Start in Lancashire is a free and comprehensive digital platform, offering schools and colleges a single starting point to help simplify and improve careers guidance in schools. This is a Lancashire specific platform to unlock the potential of Lancashire’s future workforce.
Start in Lancashire will help you to:
- Build confidence and inspire your students about their future
- Help your students to make more informed choices
- Connect your students with their future employers
- Use real-world labour market information to aid career planning
- Link teaching with employability and careers learning
- Meet key Gatsby benchmarks including 2, 3 and 4
A quick guide to help you guide students to the most useful pages on the site.
This platform has been designed for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) who – working with their teachers, advisers or support workers – can use it to build their StartProfile and explore future pathways. Use this quick guide to help you get started.
Content for this section comes directly from local employers and showcases their support for Lancashire’s future talent.