The Lancaster & Morecambe Industry Day was delivered in collaboration with Lancaster & Morecambe college and Future U
The Day involved 6 secondary school attending with a cohort of 15 x Yr.9 pupils. The schools each visited one of:
- EDF’s nuclear power station at Heysham
- NanoSun, a hydrogen storage solution for commercial vehicles.
- Forsberg electronics for logistics company
- Old Holly Farm an organic dairy farm.
Pre Employer Visit
Objectives were shared with the schools to support pupils being prepared for the visits. View here – L&M Industry Day Objectives
Post Employer Visit
After the workplace visits the groups attended L&M College and took part in a carousel of 3 workshops related to the theme. Two were delivered by the college and Future U supported with their Hydrogen car ‘Pillars of Growth’ activity. These supported learners to learn more about this sector as well as routes into careers.
- Employers and staff involved in the activity enjoyed the experience and there was a willingness to support schools.
- Providing additional support for the school and employers helped to make the event successful.
- The visits increased pupil’s knowledge of the sector, it’s opportunities and some would consider that are in the future.
Post Event Feedback
Feedback was also gathered from pupils, teachers, and employers to support evaluation and future planning which can be viewed here – L&M Industry Day Feedback