Lancashire Careers Hub SEND CoP – MARCH 2021
The SEND COP will focus on three key areas:-
1. Labour Market Intelligence (LMI) – data and resources
Review existing LMI information, identify how this can be adapted for SEND students and parents to provide a bespoke SEND LMI with clear career pathways to be used Lancashire wide.
2. Pathways and transition
To focus on joined up and planned Pathways/Transitions which support positive aspirational outcomes for young people that adapts to meet an individual’s needs with realistic and attainable goals, while enabling those individuals to the same opportunities as those without SEND.
3. Strengthening employer engagement
The relationship between schools and employers is critical and this group will look at developing innovative approaches to help schools develop their network and relationship with employers for the benefit of their students.
More resources can be found via the Careers Resource tab
National updates visit the Careers and Enterprise Company SEND Resources
March 2021 – SEND CoP
National SEND COP Event
The National SEND event is on 21st of April 2-4pm, The National SEND Community of practice event will showcase the key learnings and resources developed as part of the SEND Community of practice work. Hub Leads and ECs will present their projects and give top tips on how to support young people with SEND effectively in all educational settings. There will also be presentations for the DFE and other national key stakeholders – even if you can’t attend the whole event its well worth dipping in and out – Register here 14:00 – 16:00 https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/68FWVTV
My Skills My Future
This careers resources will be offered to schools in April (this was supposed to come out in NCW but was delayed) – there will be direct e-mails to CL’s in schools from CEC, I will also send out to the group- it’s a collation of projects, resources, lesson plans, videos for SEND schools to use for careers weeks/ days.
Points to note
- I am attending the SEND EC forum in July the focus will be on SEN destinations and Alumni, I will update following the meeting
- From your feedback the CEC are developing Compass + and compass classic to be better aligned with SEND ( especially the destination reporting) and also to reflect large SEN cohorts in mainstream schools
- Career Leader and SENCO training for CPD will continue in conjunction with Talentino.
- Also well worth a read re supported internships and other things https://www.centreforsocialjustice.org.uk/library/now-is-the-time-a-report-by-the-csj-disability-commission and I have attached the latest Talentino March update for your perusal. Talentino! Newsletter Iss.6 March 2021
I am delighted to announce that we will have the Lancashire Project Search team presenting at our next meeting on the 12th of May, I know its something you are all asking questions about so it’s a great opportunity to meet your local contact and ask questions directly.
Meeting Zoom link:
Any questions just please drop me an email, have a fantastic Easter half term you all really deserve this more than ever, I look forward to working with you next term.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE